Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team has been steadily working toward our goal of providing safe, affordable, fully electric air transportation that is accessible to everyone. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the congestion below, giving you back that time you’d otherwise spend sitting in traffic. Technology has advanced to the point where designing and operating an all-electric aircraft is completely viable. Our team has been discreetly designing and flight testing this vehicle and is looking for talented individuals to see it through certification and high-rate production.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for performing building tasks. Performance of building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. plumbing, carpentry, painting, electrical, ventilation, heating, cooling, and masonry, etc.). Performs general preventive maintenance, repairs and other tasks as assigned. This is a full-time, nonexempt hourly position, reporting to the Facilities Manager.
- Plumbing, carpentry and painting in the remodeling and improvement of areas as needed
- Troubleshoot and assist in electrical work
- Operate mobile equipment including forklift and scissor lifts in the performance of duties
- Repair, maintain/monitor all equipment and amenities
- Remove and properly dispose of all recyclable materials
- Make ready all office space
- Maintain exterior property
- Drive continual improvements to the operational excellence for Joby Facilities
- Resolve facilities issues quickly while minimizing risk and properly communicate issues
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Graduation from high school or possession of a G.E.D.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience in construction trades or facilities role
- Good mechanical aptitude and the ability to work with hand and power tools
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing, and carpentry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, customer service oriented
- Must be organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to multi-task
- Strong problem-solving skills paired with ability to be proactive and foresee next steps
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Honesty: We encourage a safe environment where open and honest communication is a standard business practice.
- Attitude is Everything: It all starts with having the right mindset. We require a positive attitude. You cannot create success for yourself, our company, and coworkers with a negative mindset.
- Quality: We take pride in our work and strive to deliver excellence with our services and installations.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do and hold ourselves accountable.
- Teamwork: We work together as a group, to become part of something bigger than one individual to achieve a common goal.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $30/hr - $40/hr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing