Electrical Engineer - Intern
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a motivated and organized electrical engineer as an intern to join the Electrical Engineering team. During this internship, you will be embedded with a small team of engineers, and will contribute directly towards the design, validation, or test development of our revolutionary electric air taxi. Joby is looking for candidates with hands-on experience working with electronics and on projects/clubs such as Formula SAE/Electric. The ideal candidate is energetic, has a positive attitude, is flexible and excited about learning. Expect an internship that is similar to a job you would have when you graduate. Exact details are unknown at this point, but you will not be bored. The level of responsibilities will depend on your independence and your ability to complete tasks and the specific team you will be joining.
- Board design
- System integration and test
- Validation test setup and operation
- Board-level rework and soldering
- Functional testing
- Creating a test setup
- Pursuing B.S./M.S. in Electrical Engineering or computer engineering or science degree
- 1 or 2 years from entering workforce full-time
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Passionate about engineering
- Experience with electronics CAD (Altium preferred but other systems acceptable)
- Ability to develop in Python scripts
- Experience making or testing or other hands on experience with actual hardware or software; especially personal project not related to work or school
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing