Early Operations Manager, South Korea
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
As the Early Operations Manager, South Korea, you will be part of a small team working to develop and mature initial operating locations for Joby’s S4 eVTOL aircraft. In this role, you will work cross functionally to ensure that Joby can support South Korea’s Grand Challenge, a government-sponsored event designed to accelerate the adoption of urban air mobility to the country. You will manage the program budget, ensure critical timelines are met, work with Joby’s partners in South Korea, and oversee the deployment of Joby assets to South Korea in order to help Joby win commercial access to the market. This role has the potential to transition from early operations to business development and/or commercial operations. An ideal candidate should be a team player able to operate in a fast-paced, demanding, and rewarding environment. This role is hybrid, and should be based in commuting distance from one of our California sites (Lathrop, Marina, San Carlos, Santa Cruz).
- Serve as a Joby ambassador to the South Korean market and partners
- Operations focus: Analyze Joby’s existing early operations across and apply learnings to the intricacies of the South Korean environment
- Oversee overall program success, including executing on budget and and on timeline, in order to safely and effectively fly the S4 in South Korea
- Manage a host of internal and external relationships, including with Joby’s partners in South Korea and relevant government/regulatory stakeholders
- Synchronize Joby technical and non-technical assets in support of the early operations, including the efforts of teams spanning flight test, maintenance, business development, engineering, and certification
- Identify operational risks and develop mitigation plans to minimize disruptions and ensure timely early operations launch
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business development, operations, or aerospace-relevant field
- 3+ years of proven experience in an operations-focused role with experience in the launch of new products or market entries
- Demonstrated success working cross-functionally with senior stakeholders at various levels including technical and non-technical teams
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with multiple stakeholders and dynamic timelines
- Expertise in program management tools and Microsoft Office suite, along with the ability to use these tools to compliment proficient communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility- willing to learn, and comfortable in a rapidly growing organization
- Ability to travel up to 30% including international travel
- Proficiency in spoken and written Korean
- PMP, MBA, or Master’s in aerospace/ operations-relevant field
- Experience in aerospace operations and/ or market development
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $104,100 - $166,800/yr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing