IT Project Manager (Temporary)
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a Project Manager who is a highly organized, passionate team player with excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills. This position will be in our Santa Cruz, CA facility. This temporary role will operate in a fast paced, demanding, and rewarding environment with very high expectations for individual contribution. The primary responsibilities for this role will include scheduling, planning, and resource allocation for IT projects. Working with various IT and cross-functional teams at Joby Aviation (including Infrastructure, Security, Networking, and Service Desk), the Project Manager will develop and execute appropriate strategies and tactics that allow the company to achieve milestones on schedule and meet quality and financial requirements.
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Security, Networking and Service Desk teams, as well as with other supporting functions to identify and scope out IT- related projects that need to be carried out to support the business mission. This will include creating, maintaining, and communicating team schedules that aim to achieve key company milestones.
- Actively manage open projects by tracking progress, project gates, driving technical decision-making processes to avoid bottlenecks, and seeking to resolve any other potential issues ahead of them limiting the project. The Project Manager will have to exhibit sound judgment, critical thinking skills, and an ability to guide the teams to meet aggressive timelines.
- Collaborate with other project managers to ensure convergence of company-level efforts to achieve key milestones.
- Ensure that executed projects meet internal and external performance and documentation requirements and standards.
- Use and develop tools to facilitate the various reporting or planning functions described above.
- Leverage team performance metrics to help create growth, organizational, and budgeting strategies for the team, as well as provide feedback that will allow the team to achieve higher operating efficiency.
- 5 years project management experience within IT
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience in the simultaneous management of multiple
- high-paced projects
- Demonstrated understanding of rolling out an enterprise product or service
- through to completion and launch within a diverse organization
- Expertise in project management tools such as JIRA and MS Project
- Expertise in common workplace software (word processor, spreadsheet,
- presentation software, etc.) with the ability to create and maintain
- performance and efficiency metrics
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show
- proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date.
- Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Project management certification
- Experience with Enterprise Application migrations or implementations
- Experience with compliance audits in an enterprise environment
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $83,300-$147,000/annually. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing