Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) to join our Joby Aviation Academy team for a one-year salaried, benefit-eligible role, based in Marina, CA. Start date asap based on availability.
The successful candidate will provide flight training in our DA-40 and will also provide ground training. Initially, the instruction is designed to enhance knowledge and awareness of core aviation principles for company employees. The role will also be instrumental in standing up a flight training curriculum to support a Part 141 academy to develop the future pipeline of Joby pilots. The successful applicant will be willing to work in a fast-moving, innovative space, and will respond well to being involved with a radically new aviation environment.
- Perform flight instruction, pre-flight planning and briefing, ground and flight lessons, post-flight debriefs, analysis and reporting
- Contribute to internal flight safety and standardization discussions
- Complete all required documentation in accordance with established Company and FAA procedure
- Observe all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Airplane Certified Flight Instructor (CFI)
- A passion for helping others pursue a career in aviation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on weekends and extended hours
- Read and speak English proficiently
- Willing to relocate within a commutable distance of Marina, CA.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Airplane Certified Flight Instrument Instructor (CFII)
- Experience instructing in a Part 141 training school
- Current in Diamond DA-40
- Greater than 250 hours of dual given
- Experience developing aviation courseware
- Multi-engine pilot certificate
The target pay for this position is $5,200-$7,500/month. Individual pay is determined by role, department, experience, job-related skills, and level of education.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing