Shipping Logistics Associate
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
- Prepare domestic and international shipping documentation in compliance with appropriate regulations and company directives.
- Familiarity with fragile packaging procedures and light crating for safe transportation of company goods.
- Maintain accurate shipping records.
- Collaborate and build relationships with internal customers, carriers, and agent representatives regarding ground, air and ocean forwarding.
- Track and trace shipments, researching and resolving issues regarding billing or shipping discrepancies.
- Communicate in a timely manner with both customers and vendors.
- Two to five years warehouse experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Strict attention to detail is required
- Ability to be forklift certified
- Collaborative work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field is preferred
- Physical strength and stamina, enough to lift 60 pounds occasionally
- Strong understanding of the full Supply Chain Model and how it affects other aspects of the business
- Computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with ERP/Inventory management software tools
- Basic business office skills
- Career stability and dedication, demonstrated by multiple-year service to previous employers
- Knowledge of and adherence to strict safety protocols
- Commitment to high quality standards
- High energy, initiative, and self-motivation
- Willing to do hands-on work regularly
- Planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- Versatility and flexibility to meet changing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to assess, solve, and analyze root causes of problems
- Problem solving skills and resourcefulness
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $18-$24/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing