Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby is searching for an Accountant to join our accounting team. Our team is made up of energetic and passionate individuals who thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. You will work closely with our operational accounting team, reporting to our Accounting Senior Manager and partnering with our finance team. You will bring a high level of enthusiasm, strong work ethic and interest in learning, to help Joby accounting continue to grow. This job is based out of one of Joby’s California locations in San Carlos, Santa Cruz, or Marina.
- Record and review monthly activity of foreign subsidiaries and journal entries required to eliminate intercompany balances in Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP.
- Provide intercompany subsidiary oversight, consolidation and elimination.
- Manage company leases in LeaseQuery software including adding new leases and amendments and recording related journal entries in the general ledger.
- Post various stock-based compensation and performance stock award entries and review and reconcile equity related reporting from Equity Edge to general ledger.
- Assist with the filing of 10Q and 10K and other forms including Form 4 and Form 3 using Workiva software.
- Assist Accounting Senior Manager and SEC Senior Manager with monthly and quarterly close entries and processes, including SOX documentation for processes owned by Senior Accountant.
- Assist with recording various ad-hoc transactional activity to accurately capture transactions in the ERP in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in identifying, developing and implementing system and process improvements.
- BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (preferably at a public company or in combination with Big 4 public accounting).
- Strong knowledge of GAAP financial statements preparation and monthly close processes.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- CPA certification
- Systems experience with ERPs (Microsoft Dynamics 365 preferred).
- Experience in LeaseQuery and Workiva software.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $88,100 - $117,500/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing