Revenue Accounting Manager
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby is growing rapidly and we’re looking for an experienced, hands-on Revenue Accounting Manager to join our expanding Finance and Accounting team. You will report to the Head of Technical Accounting and have high visibility with our Executive Management team.
In this role, you will be responsible for revenue operations and accounting and related activities. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Revenue accounting rules under US GAAP and have operational experience in handling the revenue process in a technology company. We are also looking for someone who thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced, complex environment to support our continued growth and success. This job is based out of one of Joby’s California locations in San Carlos, Santa Cruz, or Marina.
- Establish and lead Joby’s revenue accounting team.
- Manage revenue accounting, customer billings and collection activities. Prepare and review complex journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Coordinate with multiple operational teams responsible for the revenue projects.
- Partner with the finance team to assist with revenue budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning. Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budgeting process. Provide strategic direction in support of critical revenue cycle initiatives and goals.
- Maintain and manage revenue processes to ensure compliance with SOX, US GAAP, SEC and other regulatory requirements.
- Provide key reporting and actionable data across the accounting and finance teams. Make appropriate changes to address any issues or trends after review with management.
- Aid and assist in the integration of revenue, receivable and billing activities for future acquisitions and system integrations.
- Assist with performing non-standard revenue contract reviews to identify any complex accounting issues and draft accounting memos to document positions.
- Assist in training global accounting teams and the broader finance organization on revenue recognition.
- Build effective relationships with external auditors and accounting technical advisors.
- BS degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- CPA certification
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience (Revenue Manager at a large, public company or a combination with Big 4 public accounting).
- Strong knowledge of ASC 606 (Revenue) and related guidance.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the aviation, mobility or tech industry.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $112,500 - $150,000/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing