Quality Engineering Technician
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our quality engineering team. As part of this team, you will be responsible for performing inspections on complex parts and assemblies to ensure that they meet engineering specifications and tolerances.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in inspection, manufacturing engineering, and quality control. This role will involve close collaboration with quality engineering, manufacturing engineering, quality control and internal stakeholders to identify and resolve manufacturing and assembly issues. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry.
- Drive improvements in part and assembly quality through problem-solving
- Perform dimensional inspections using precision and advanced measurement methods
- Troubleshoot non-conformances and support quality engineering in the root cause investigation
- Execute trials in support of investigations and measurement system analysis
- Analyze and interpret engineering drawings and specifications to determine requirements
- Collaborate with engineers and quality control personnel to identify and resolve issues
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation of inspection results and corrective actions taken
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve dimensional inspection processes
- Perform design review activities including inspectability, consistency, adequacy, accuracy, and conformance to requirements and provide recommendations for improvement
- Responsible for participating in continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen lean methods, etc
- Responsible for performing job duties in a manner consistent with established Joby Policies and Procedures
- Minimum 3 years experience in a inspection role supporting a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of mechanical systems and inspection processes including in-process inspection and dimensional inspection
- Fundamental understanding of GD&T and inspection systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing skills
- Expertise in complex Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Experience in the aviation industry
- Knowledge of FAA regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of AS9102 first article inspection process
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $23-$31/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing