Manufacturing Engineer, Vehicle Integration (Entry-Level)
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a skilled manufacturing engineer to join our vehicle integration manufacturing engineering team. The individual will support the assembly and installation of vehicle electrical and mechanical systems at our Marina, CA facility. This position is exciting and rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Responsible for manufacturing process development, implementation, and continuous improvement.
- Identify and assist in addressing safety issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Support manufacturing production planning and coordination, capacity planning, line design, production execution, and operations process development.
- Provide production support to technicians and leads.
- Support creation and review of manufacturing work instructions to ensure compliance with design requirements and company processes.
- Participate in the review, approval, and release of engineering definition.
- Design shop aids and tooling to assist production.
- Disposition non-conforming parts, identify root cause, and implement corrective and/or preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering during prototype, development, and first article manufacturing. Assist Design Engineering to ensure quality and manufacturability.
- B.S in engineering OR substantial relevant experience a production environment.
- Proficiency in at least one CAD system.
- Experience with drawings and BOMs, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Change systems, and Quality systems.
- Hands on electrical or mechanical experience.
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills while working with cross functional teams. Familiar with GD&T and common drafting practices in compliance with ASME Y14.5 & Y14.100
- Experience with prototype manufacturing in a professional environment
- Experience working in a FAA certified production line.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $64,500 - $92,900/yr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing