Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
The Chef will report directly to the Head Chef of the company. The Chef is responsible for running the
daily operations of the kitchen.
- Lead, mentor, and manage kitchen team.
- Develop and plan menus.
- Create prep lists for kitchen crew.
- Delegate cleaning and preparation tasks
- Train and evaluate BOH staff members
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meats, etc.)
- Cook food on various cooking equipment (grills, stove, fryer, etc.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Check quality of ingredients
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Wash specific items by hand (knives, machine parts, wooden cutting boards, large pots, etc.)
- Manage food ordering and inventory.
- Maintain standards for food storage, rotation, quality, and appearance.
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and regulations.
- Establish maintenance and cleaning schedules for equipment, storage, and work areas.
- Participate in interview process and selection of kitchen staff.
- Schedule staff and assist in human resources processes as needed.
- High school diploma
- Degree in Culinary studies preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of culinary techniques and practices
- Understanding of menu and recipe development techniques
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ongoing awareness of culinary trends
- Understanding of health and sanitation laws
- Excellent knife-handling skills
- Applied wine and beverage knowledge
- Ability to communicate in English verbally and written
- Basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook)
- Honesty: We encourage a safe environment where open and honest communication is a standard business practice.
- Attitude is Everything: It all starts with having the right mindset. We require a positive attitude. You cannot create success for yourself, our company, and coworkers with a negative mindset.
- Quality: We take pride in our work and strive to deliver excellence with our services and installations.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do and hold ourselves accountable.
- Teamwork: We work together as a group, to become part of something bigger than one individual to achieve a common goal.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $28-$41/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing