Senior Cost Estimator
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby is looking for a Senior Cost Estimator. The ideal candidate for this role will provide world class financial modeling and support in estimating the lifetime cost of Joby’s transformational aircraft. You will work closely with the Engineering and Manufacturing groups to develop cost models and provide analysis and recommendations. Strong communication skills, technical knowledge, an entrepreneurial mindset and business acumen are required as this role works across all levels and functions at Joby.
This position requires a high level cost analysis modeling skills, a firm understanding of financial concepts, excellent customer service skills and a voracious appetite for learning and improvement. The successful candidate will be an effective presenter who can balance getting the details right while moving quickly in a results-driven environment.
- Create and maintain estimates for aircraft components, actively providing recommendations to teams on how to optimize costs
- Support the sourcing of components with estimated costs to be used in negotiations
- Lead the implementation of cost estimating software
- Review actual costs against estimates and correct cost models as needed
- Clearly report on the overall cost status and detailed component reviews to executives
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience with a proven track record in Cost Engineering and/or Financial Planning & Analysis
- Experience with cost engineering software and/or program cost analysis
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, or a related field
- Ability to be proactive and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ability to fuse finance, business, strategy, and Engineering concepts to support complex, multi-faceted decisions
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally at all levels of the organization. Can lead priorities and succeed in a highly matrixed organization
- Passion for Joby's mission and ability to thrive under pressure in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- Experience in the aerospace industry
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- MBA or advanced degree
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $98,300 - $131,100/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing