Construction Project Engineer
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
The Construction Project Engineer is responsible for assisting the Construction Program Senior Manager and Construction Superintendents with the management of multiple construction projects at various locations. Must be experienced in budgeting/estimating, scheduling, and coordinating design/construction teams to ensure successful completion of projects within budget and on schedule. This position interacts with all departments across the organization and therefore requires exceptional communication and teamwork skills.
- Assist in planning all phases of the construction lifecycle from initiation to completion
- Manage costs in order to meet budget
- Assist in contract and subcontract execution
- Issue progress updates as needed regarding costs and timelines
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes
- Organizing and archiving project files for easy access by the project team
- Distribution of new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses, and other project information to all affected parties.
- Identifying, assembling, negotiating, and distributing change orders to both the owner and subcontractors.
- Participating in project cost control. This includes maintaining internal records and working with subcontractors to make sure changes are getting paid.
- Monitoring, testing and inspection record and reports, safety inspection and accident logs and reports, record building permit inspections and sign-offs.
- 2+ years of experience as a project engineer within construction
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, scheduling software (MS Project or similar) and BIM/CAD software (AutoCAD, Revit, or similar).
- Ability to analyze budgets and financial data
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read construction plans, specifications, building codes and approvals
- HS diploma or GED required, BS in construction management, Engineering, Architecture or related field is preferred
- A strong work ethic, a “can-do” attitude and a passion for construction.
- Good knowledge of site engineering and of building materials
- Knowledge of permit process and good at record keeping
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $75,200 - $100,300/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing