IT Service Desk Admin (Temporary)
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
The temporary IT Service Desk Admin would operate on premise at a Joby worksite providing Tier 1/2 support for users throughout the organization. This role will primarily support the new hire process as well as fulfill requests from the service desk ticketing system.
Desktop Support (Focus – 40%)
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and smart hands of computers and other user-facing systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation to users through the IT Knowledge base and by communicating to users within the service desk ticketing system.
- Zoom & Microsoft Teams room AV administration
OS Management (Focus – 40%)
- Install and upgrade computer components and software as needed per team
- Lead desktop, laptop, and test system support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Manage service queues and route tickets to IT Infrastructure or Network as appropriate for higher tier support
- Complete site-specific requests that require on premise smart handsManage and communicate the need for inventory as to support new hires and fulfill ticket requests
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred (Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration) or equivalent combination of work and experience
- 2+ years of IT service administration experience
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing service desk and IT operations best practices, including knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Familiar with security protocols and requirements as designated by regulators and auditors, and make security recommendations
- IT Certs: CompTIA A+, Linux+, MS MCSA, MTA, Apple ACSP
- Experience with Jira Service Desk & Integrations
- Experience with R&D Test system environments
- Experience with Intune / JAMF MDM
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $29-$32/houly. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing