Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
- Paint Application using HVLP and Electro-Static paint systems
- Equipment Set Up and Maintenance
- Maintaining 6S principles of Sorting, Systematic Arrangement, Shining, Standardizing, Sustaining and Safety
- Surface Preparation
- Detailed Masking
- Application of base coats, topcoats, and clear coats
- Performs moderately complex to complex filling operations related to the cosmetic appearance of the part being worked
- The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Applies primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to detailed parts, sub-assemblies, and major assemblies of aircraft interiors to customer or company specifications and industry quality standards
- High school or GED
- 2-3 years Aircraft Painting Experience or similar
- Ability to work from heights and wear safety gear
- Must be able to wear a respirator and pass routine medical testing
- Ability to see colors
- Ability to Calculate mix ratios in order to mix sealant, filler materials, and paint ·Demonstrate competency in applying the following to perform normal job duties
- Familiar with and have operational knowledge of department tools
- Seeks methods to cross train to develop technical skills and business knowledge
- Requires excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements:
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $23-$30/hr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing