Senior CNC Programmer
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly experienced and talented individual to improve and optimize our CNC programming activities. Joby is working towards the goal of development, certification and production of a world changing eVTOL aircraft. As the senior CNC programmer, this individual will have overall responsibility for development, implementation, and training of Joby Aviation’s 3 and 5-axis CNC programming processes and team.
- Prototype machining via creating and editing CNC programs that support the machining of large-scale, complex, precision metal aircraft components and manufacturing tooling
- Perform machining process development & optimization (part setup/fixturing, machining strategy/order of operations, tool selection, speed/feed process parameter selection)
- Identify, select, and procure appropriate tooling for job specific applications (based on part material, geometry, features, tolerances, system rigidity, and equipment capability)
- Developing standardized best practices for the Joby machining processes
- Continuously improve design and production efforts by working closely with the engineering team
- Ability to program and machine using CAM software and 3 and 5 axis CNC milling and lathe machines (Delmia CAM experience a plus but not required)
- Capable of positively interacting in a team environment
- Have strong listening and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail and pride in doing precise work
- Knowledgeable about G-code editing, canned cycles, and integrated probing systems
- Must have a basic working knowledge of materials [metals, plastics] and fundamental concepts of mechanics [stress, strain, etc.]
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone, in a fast paced non-traditional manufacturing environment
- Assembly experience and working knowledge of basic fasteners and hand tools
Pursuant to various local, state, and federal regulations, you must show proof of your full COVID-19 vaccination status prior to your start date. Exemption requests are available for bona fide religious and medical circumstances.
- Experience with HSMWorks/Solidworks, Fusion360, CATIA, and/or Powermill
- Experience with macro programming
- Experience developing and improving CAM post code
- CMM ASQ Certification
- Aerospace manufacturing background in advanced composites, machined parts, aircraft assembly and systems integration
- Experience programming robotic arms
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $98,700-$131,600/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing