Stability and Control Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring a Stability and Control Engineer. You will be responsible for establishing the stability and control capabilities of a blended wing body configuration.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Head of Aerodynamics.
What You'll Do
- Control surface sizing
- Control allocation, axis decoupling and mixing studies
- Control law design
- Stability and control analysis in free air, as well as in ground effect
- Establishing acceptable stability margins
- Establishing take-off and landing velocities (i.e. VMCG, VS, VMU)
- Establishing control surface sensitivities
- Modal analysis (phugoid, Dutch roll, etc)
- Evaluating handling qualities throughout linear range and beyond stall
- Assessing aero-elastic effects on aircraft control
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
- Master's degree in aerodynamics from an accredited university.
- 3 years of experience in Stability & Control.
- Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics, aerospace control law techniques and flight handling qualities (MIL-F-8785).
- Experience with software tools such as Mathworks Matlab, Simulink, OpenVSP, XFOIL, and AVL preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $190,000