Software Test Engineer, Flight Controls
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring a Flight Controls Integration Test Engineer. You will be responsible for integration, verification and validation of the fly-by-wire (FBW) flight controls system.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Flight Controls System Lead.
What You'll Do
Validate and verify system and item requirements of the FBW Flight Control Systems and the Control Laws (CLAW) requirements:
- Prepare/Review test procedures
- Execute tests on Integrated Test Facility, Iron Bird, Flying Quality Lab (FQL) or on aircraft
- Review/Analyze/Approve test results
- Prepare test reports in support of safety of flight activities
Resolve problems found during testing on system rigs or on aircraft by troubleshooting issues, performing root cause determination, and defining the corrective actions.
Participate in the compliance to the DO178C/DO-331 for CLAW and ARP4754A development process for the flight control system
Participate in the development and implementation of tools and processes as needed by the function in order to meet the company’s objectives
Support integration of various hardware and software composing the flight control system into the system rigs and FQL.
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You have a Detail Oriented Mindset – You approach tasks with a rigorous attitude, making sure that no detail slips through the cracks and ensuring precision in every aspect of your work.
You are a Problem Solver – You are able to analyze complex issues, think critically, and generate effective solutions. Your adaptable mindset enables you to navigate challenging situations with confidence and devise innovative approaches to overcome obstacles.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 5 years in experience in system or verification of Part 25 flight controls, or other critical aircraft systems.
- Experience with software tools such as Mathworks Matlab and Simulink preferred.
- Good knowledge of ARP4754 development processes and experience with DO-331 for model-based design is an asset.
- Experience with Control Laws and handling qualities evaluation is an asset.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary Range: $140,000 - $200,000