Software Systems Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring an Software Systems Engineer. You will be responsible for developing, testing and integrating control laws for the aircraft fly by wire flight control system.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Head of Systesm Engineering.
What You'll Do
- Requirements – Decompose customer requirements into functions and software system level requirements to inform the software design
- Software Development – Develop systems software in accordance with SAEARP475A and ARP4761 processes and documentation procedures. Must be able to work in agile software lifecycle environment.
- Software Testing – You will employ an understanding of software tools such as Mathworks Matlab, Simulink, and System Composer to validate control law design requirements, and continuously update the models to mature control laws.
- Control law testing – You will test control laws in a laboratory environment to validate and verify simulation models.
- Control Law Analysis – You will analyze a document test results and use the data to further optimize control laws.
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
You are Adaptable – You are able to adapt to frequent design changes and create robust solutions.
You are good at collaborating with a cross functional team – You are able to work with different departments within the company to coordinate and execute projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- 10 Years experience in Fly by Wire flight controls.
- Experience in C++ Programming, an understanding of Kalman Filtering, and an understanding of CLAW evaluation techniques for linear and nonlinear testing.
- Experience with software tools such as Siemens NX, Siemens Teamcenter, Mathworks Matlab, Simulink and System Composer preferred.
- Familiarity with DO-178C, DO-331, ARP4754A, and ARP4761 standards preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary range: $140,000 - $180,000