Iron Bird Lab Project Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring an Iron Bird Lab Project Engineer. You will be responsible for designing and building the Iron Bird systems integration lab, as well as performing all required hardware and software tests before installation into the aircraft.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Head of Programs.
What You'll Do
- Lab systems requirements development
- Lab system architecture development using MBSE
- Lab integration with other aircraft systems
- Testing in the lab and integrating avionics, flight controls, landing gear, and hydraulics systems on the aircraft
- Working with the pilots and engineering to get systems implemented and tested
- Working within ARP-4754A and DO-331 model based design guidelines, as well as working with the safety team in ARP-4761.
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up your sleeves.
You're comfortable with ambiguity – You embrace the challenge of building from scratch and navigating uncharted territory. You have a flexible mindset, enabling you to adapt and find innovative solutions.
You're a strong collaborator – You understand the value of teamwork and collaboration in achieving shared objectives. You appreciate diverse perspectives and contribute constructively to team dynamics.
You're eager to learn – You have a strong learning mindset, always seeking opportunities to acquire new knowledge. You ask insightful questions, actively engage in discussions, and demonstrate a genuine desire to understand.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- 5 years experience in systems integration.
- Experience with FAA Part 25 and EASA aircraft certification.
- Experience with software tools such as Mathworks Matlab, Simulink, System Composer, Siemens Teamcenter, JIRA, and Microsoft Project preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary Range: $125,000 - $190,000