Fuel System Project Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring a Fuel System Project Engineer. You will be responsible for leading the Fuel System Design from a technical perspective
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Head of Aircraft Systems.
What You'll Do
- Primary Technical POC – Work with both internal and external customers to manage technical design direction, ensure system requirements are met, provide progress updates, and exchanging technical details to affected stakeholders.
- System Design Lead – Oversee design engineering team and manage technical tasks to achieve a system design on schedule and budget, while meeting all technical requirements. Lead Resolution of design issues by working with a cross functional team to achieve a solution.
- Project Lead – Manage workload and schedule for system development to ensure major program milestones are met. Develop business cases system development activities.
- Present technical data to engineering leadership for design reviews and change board processes.
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
You are a good Communicator – You are able to clearly communicate and present project needs to people within and outside of the company.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- 10 years of experience in fuel system design for Part 25 aircraft.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft development and 14 CFR 25.981 compliance.
- Experience with software tools such as Siemens Teamcenter, Siemens NX, System Composer, Simulink, and Microsoft Project preferred. Knowledge of FAA/EASA regulations preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary Range: $125,000 - $190,000