Avionics Electrical Design Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring an Avionics Electrical Engineer. You will be responsible for helping create and integrate the full avionics suite for JetZero's aircraft by translating operator needs for the avionics and FAA certification requirements, working with the avionics supplier to implement those requirements, and going through the testing and integration process.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Head of Programs.
What You'll Do
- Avionics system requirements development
- Avionics system architecture development
- Integrating avionics with all other aircraft systems
- Testing the avionics systems in the lab and on the aircraft
- Working with avionics suppliers to procure hardware and software
- Working within ARP-4754A process and DO-331 model based design guidelines, and working closely with the safety team using ARP-4761 guidelines
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up your sleeves.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
You are a good communicator – You are able to clearly communicate and present project needs to people within and outside of the company.
You're eager to learn – You have a strong learning mindset, always seeking opportunities to acquire new knowledge. You ask insightful questions, actively engage in discussions, and demonstrate a genuine desire to understand.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar discipline from an accredited university.
- 5+ years of experience in avionics development.
- Experience with Part 25 aircraft certification and Avionics system architecture using MBSE. Experience with EASA standards preferred.
- Experience with software tools such as Mathworks Matlab, Simulink, System Composer, Siemens Teamcenter, and JIRA preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $190,000