Aerodynamic Loads Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring an Aerodynamic Loads Engineer. You will be responsible for working with the structures team to provide aerodynamic load distributions that feed the structural design.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Head of Aerodynamics.
What You'll Do
- Datamining aero databases from wind tunnel tests and CFD to provide aerodynamic loads reports to the structures team. This would include aero load distributions and data at flight conditions throughout the whole flight envelope.
- Where data is not explicitly available, estimate aerodynamic loads from empirical or historical data.
- Identifying the critical flight conditions throughout the full flight envelope that size the aircraft structure.
- Support development of aero-structural analysis tools (low and high-fidelity methods).
- Support wind tunnel model design and test plan.
- Investigate high-speed buffet, flutter, and low-speed stall properties.
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
3 years of experience in aerodynamic loads.
Experience with software tools such as Siemens NX, OpenVSP, Mathworks Matlab and Simulink preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Salary Range: $105,000 - $190,000