Senior/Staff Perception Software Engineer
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are looking for talented Staff Engineers with expertise in classical and modern computer vision techniques to lead or actively contribute to the architecture, design, implementation, and delivery of a multi-modal perception system. The ideal candidate will be a software expert who has overseen a process from the R&D phase through product shipment and has a passion for leading teams and developing real-world solutions.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Design and implement key components of perception system such as object detection, object tracking, and multi-sensor fusion
- Build software infrastructure to enable learning algorithms to leverage large scale image/LIDAR data
- Design and write highly optimized pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing, inferencing etc.
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
- Collaborate with other engineers to conduct system integration and tests
What we're looking for:
- Masters’ or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or related field
- 7+ years of related experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working on Computer Vision using C++ and OpenCV
- Expert knowledge of modern C++ (C++11 or later) and Python
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms into real-world environments
- Familiar with NVIDIA software libraries such as CUDA or TensorRT
- Experience building testing and evaluation platforms
- Familiarity with deep learning applied to computer vision problems
- Experience working on Computer Vision problems in at least two of the following subjects: Feature detection & matching, Image Filtering, Object Tracking, 3D Estimation, 3D Reconstruction, SLAM
- Proficiency in modern container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- In-depth understanding of software performance and optimization
- Strong math fundamentals and a good grasp of 3D geometry and vector math
- Worked with one or more neural network frameworks, such as Tensorflow or PyTorch
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile