Senior/Staff Full Stack Software Engineer
Who we are:
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium-duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers including Kroger, Walmart, Tyson Foods, Loblaw, Pitney Bowes, Georgia-Pacific, and KBX; enabling them to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries. Gatik’s Class 3-7 autonomous box trucks are commercially deployed in multiple markets including Texas, Arkansas, and Ontario, Canada.
About the role:
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative candidates who want to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. Gatik’s Fleet Management Software team is responsible for the design, development, deployment & maintenance of various applications in our product suite that serve our customers and partners and provide seamless visibility into and interaction with our AV fleet that enables freight-only operations for unparalleled safety, efficiency, responsiveness, and reliability in middle-mile logistics.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Contribute to all technical aspects of frontend & backend development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing and integration
- Build web interfaces for vehicle testing to control and monitor the system. For example, the perceived objects around our vehicles; the system health status; vehicle decisions, etc
- Work with developers to understand the data formats exchanged between modules. Make decisions about APIs and data flow considering usability, performance, and compatibility
- Collaborate with fellow engineers for the successful implementation of product features for Gatik's fleet management application
- Collaborate with the product and design teams on product alignment and deliverables
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Design & implement scalable and well-documented APIs for customer application integrations.
- Architect, implement, and maintain data extraction and user interaction tools
- Develop cloud applications for high-volume vehicle tracking, diagnostic, and testing data used by various users
- Identify performance bottlenecks and safety issues in the system, benchmark on different methods and provide solutions
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of industry experience in frontend development and developing large-scale applications
- Experience working with UI/UX designers and product managers in developing applications
- Expertise in Python backend frameworks (e.g., Flask, Django)
- Expertise in React (preferred), TypeScript, Node.js, Vue.js
- Experience building scalable data-driven applications
- Experience with graphics rendering tools, such as WebGL, OpenGL, and Three.js
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform
- Experience using Gitlab
- Working knowledge of NoSQL Database preferably MongoDB
- Experience with REST APIs and TLS 1.2 standards
- Experience with CI/CD and system monitoring tools
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas and Arkansas. Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile