Lead Software Architect
Who we are:
Gatik, the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics, delivers goods safely and efficiently using its fleet of light & medium-duty trucks. The company focuses on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers including Kroger, Walmart, Tyson Foods, Loblaw, Pitney Bowes, Georgia-Pacific, and KBX; enabling them to optimize their hub-and-spoke supply chain operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries. Gatik’s Class 3-7 autonomous box trucks are commercially deployed in multiple markets including Texas, Arkansas, and Ontario, Canada.
About the role:
We're looking for high-energy, creative, and collaborative Software Architect who want to work in a fast-paced, execution-oriented team. Gatik’s Fleet Management Software team is responsible for the design, development, deployment and maintenance of various applications in our product suite. These applications serve our customers & partners to provide seamless visibility and interaction with our AV fleet which will enable freight-only operations for unparalleled safety, efficiency, responsiveness, and reliability in middle-mile logistics.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Lead and drive the end-to-end software architecture, design, and implementation of cross-platform and multi-cloud software solutions that meet the diverse needs of our clients
- Lead the design & implementation of scalable and well-documented APIs for customer application integrations
- Lead design & implementation of compliant & secure methods for authentication and authorization across various customer applications as well as for APIs
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including software engineers, infrastructure specialists, and security experts, to define and deliver robust and scalable software solutions
- Collaborate with the product and design teams on product alignment and deliverables
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to team members, guiding them in best practices for architecture, software design, and development
- Architect scalable solutions that optimize performance, security, and cost-effectiveness within public cloud environments (particularly Azure) and across hybrid setups
- Consolidate fragmented applications built for diverse needs into a scalable backend to reduce redundant code development & maintenance
- Collaborate with cloud service providers, vendors, and partners to proactively plan for utilization of the latest technologies for reducing time-to-deployment
- Conduct in-depth technical software assessments, performance analysis, and troubleshooting of software solutions to identify and resolve bottlenecks, vulnerabilities, and inefficiencies
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the software performance, reliability, and security of our software stack
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in full-stack software development with significant experience working on backend infrastructure and/or security solutions
- 3+ years of industry experience in leading projects from concept to production
- Expert in Python backend frameworks (e.g., Flask, Django)
- Experience building scalable data-driven applications
- Experience with graphics rendering tools, such as WebGL, OpenGL, and Three.js
- Experience with large-scale visualization or editing tools
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform
- Experience using Gitlab
- Working knowledge of NoSQL Database preferably MongoDB
- Experience with CI/CD and system monitoring tools
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas and Arkansas. Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile