Senior Vehicle Harness Engineer
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
Gatik is hiring a Senior Vehicle Harness Engineer who will be responsible for power and signal distribution on Gatik’s vehicles. This individual will be tasked with creating engineering requirements and specifications for the harnesses as well as collaborating with suppliers and peers to deliver a functioning subsystem.Your area of expertise is the mechanical integration, fabrication and assembly of harness systems. You love getting hands-on to apply your engineering knowledge and you are extremely comfortable with hand-tools and rapid prototyping fabrication. Independence, good communication and documentation skills are key to succeed in this role.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for vehicle power and signal distribution including connectors
- Create engineering specifications like requirements, CAD models, drawings for the vehicle harnesses
- Take ownership of the Device transmittal (DT) process
- Collaborate with cross functional team members to complete the system specification and fill gaps were needed
- Provide technical expertise on power, signal and data bus distribution as well as ground specification needed in autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate with suppliers/vendors as needed to build prototype and production vehicles
- Develop and refine tools and methods currently leveraged by the team
- Mentor wider engineering team in the principles of power and signal distribution
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline (MS preferred)
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with vehicle harnesses
- Delivered a system to production (preferred - from inception to production)
- Experience in the Automotive, Truck/Transportation and AV industry
- Experience with advanced vehicle communication standards and requirements for example GMSL, Automotive Ethernet
- Ability to size and select the appropriate cables, connectors and fuses
- Ability to design mechanical components supporting the completion of the deliverable e.g. brackets, housings or pass-throughs
- Experience with CAD and/or drawing software (Solidworks preferred)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Strong computer skills with programming and Python scripting experience, preferred
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas and Arkansas. Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile