Senior Structural Validation Engineer
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
Gatik is hiring a Senior Structural Validation Engineer who will be responsible for the overall structural validation of Gatik’s hardware and Drive-by-wire components. This individual will be tasked with analyzing systems, developing validation plans and collaborating with cross-functional peers. Your area of expertise is the full range of structural validation composed of a wide range of materials and leveraging a cutting-edge tool set. Independence, good communication and documentation skills are key to succeed in this role.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Analyze components, sub-assemblies, assemblies, and full vehicle using FEA tools
- Enhance and develop FEA performance criteria and scope for component, subsystem and system levels based on (autonomous-) vehicle performance criteria
- Develop FEA validation plans for Durability, Stiffness and Strength throughout a full development cycle
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering team members to optimize and improve component and system performance
- Lead structural component, sub-systems, and vehicle testing to correlate CAE models
- Collaborate with suppliers/vendors as needed to improve the material database and accuracy of CAE models
- Develop and refine CAE analysis procedures and methods
- Manage work and deliverables with internal & external CAE and test resources
- Document findings and reports stating clear recommendations and proposals for improvements to relevant peers and leadership
- Continue to develop technology roadmaps for simulation and analysis toolsets
- Mentor wider engineering team in the principles of design for Structural Durability, Stiffness and Strength
What we're looking for:
- Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering discipline (Ph.D. preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with Implicit (static and dynamic structural analysis) and explicit analysis
- Experience in the Automotive, Truck/Transportation and AV industry
- Expert knowledge of linear and non-linear structural and random vibration analysis
- Advanced knowledge of crash analysis around vehicle components or subsystems
- Expert in linear & non-linear FEA software for example Optistruct, Nastran, ABAQUS, and/or LS-DYNA
- Proficient knowledge of materials engineering and experience in material characterization for FEA
- Ability to use instrumentation / experimental data to demonstrate model correlation
- Experience with multi-body dynamics and vehicle dynamics
- Strong computer skills with programming and Python scripting experience, preferred
- Experience with CAD software (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas and Arkansas. Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile