Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced automotive technician or mechanic looking to work on Gatik's autonomous trucking fleet. Our ideal candidate is someone who can meet accelerated deadlines, is familiar with computers & electronics as well as the mechanical aspects of box or long haul trucks, and feels confident in performing mechanical repairs & maintenance. This role is an hourly (non-exempt) role with Gatik.
This role will be onsite 5 days a week at our Toronto, ON, CN office!
What you'll do:
- Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and required repairs on light/medium duty trucks (Class 2-6)
- Diagnose brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition & electrical, suspension & alignment, air conditioning, and computer systems
- Trace wiring faults, diagnose failures, repair automotive harnesses, and replace electrical components as necessary
- Inspect and perform initial vehicle setup for autonomous fleet operation and testing
- Troubleshoot networking and computer issues in the dash of the truck
- Organize dealer services and specialist repairs
- Assist in creating assembly, troubleshooting and repair documentation in FleetIO
- Track and document task completions and changes made to the vehicles in FleetIO
- Assist in the installation, calibration, and replacement of automotive sensors
- Be on-call for off-shift and weekend service calls, as required
- Travel to and support at off-site locations, as required
- Assist the engineering team with diagnostics and testing to improve the product
- Communicate with the procurement team to obtain needed parts
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment; clean spills and debris immediately to reduce hazards
What we're looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Skilled Trades Certifications, Automotive Service Technician (310S) Truck Trailer Service Technician (310J) (Preferred)
- 7+ years of relevant experience as an automotive technician, mechanic, or other related fields working on box or large haul trucks
- Current driver’s license with a good standing driving record
- Strong knowledge of wiring, soldering, crimping, splicing, and repairing
- Strong competency in vehicle maintenance and diagnostics, trucking (preferred)
- Demonstrated technical troubleshooting skills
- Reliable and strong work ethic
- Experience in building and repairing computer networking systems (preferred)
- Experience with diagnosing and repairing modern CAN bus-based automotive systems (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas and Arkansas. Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile