Configuration Management Specialist
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
As a configuration management specialist, you are responsible to maintain the integrity of the aircraft configuration, and demonstrate compliance to a variety of FAA rules, guidance documents, and industry standards. In this role, you will be working with multiple teams, such as Engineering, Planning, Manufacturing and Quality, to ensure the integrity of the engineering data from release to production. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Support the review and release of engineering data
- Maintain the Bill of Materials (BOM) and aircraft effectivity within Enovia
- Create and maintain the Master Drawing List (MDL)
- Improve processes to support business needs and meet regulatory requirements
- Ensure the problem reporting and change control processes are properly executed
- Coordinate and run change boards
- Generate progress report, identify issues, and define action plan to address them
- Develop and conduct Configuration Management trainings
- Participate in meeting and provide advice on configuration control of different data
- Work closely with the broader engineering teams and ensure consistent execution of configuration control processes across the company
- BS in engineering, or another relevant technical discipline and 5+ years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree and 3+ years’ experience.
- Experience in Aerospace Industry and with aircraft certification program
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including writing skills
- Highly proactive attitude with the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic and goal-focused
- Practitioner-level knowledge of DO-178C (related to configuration control), familiarity with FAA regulations
- Experience with Enovia, Jira, Confluence, Polarion, Collaborator, SharePoint and MS Office
- 2+ years’ experience as a configuration management specialist
- Experience with managing change control process and running change boards
Location: Santa Cruz, CA., or remote.
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $64,500 - $112,700/yr. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing