IT Site Administrator
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
The IT Site Admin would operate on premise at a Joby worksite providing Tier 2/3 support for network, server, storage, conference media, telephony, and R&D compute systems. Operating in conjunction with the IT Network and IT Infrastructure teams as on-site resources to troubleshoot, implement, and deploy organization needed systems. While still operating on a service desk ticketing system, this role will take on long term projects related to site development and end user systems.
Infrastructure (Focus – 40%)
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and smart hands of computer systems, network devices, servers, and conference media
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation to IT staff for planning and implementing new or improvements to infrastructure
- Zoom & Microsoft Teams room AV administration, deployment, and vendor management
OS Management (Focus – 25%)
- Install and upgrade computer components and software as needed per team
- Lead desktop, laptop, and test system support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions
- Responsible for operation and management of multi-OS device management systems to deploy security updates, OS updates, and software
Administration (Focus – 20%)
- Administrators of enterprise applications handling email, messaging, document storage and conferencing platforms
- Zero-Trust & Role based permissions policy enforcement for access granting towards employees, contractors, and temporary hires
Service Desk Ticketing (Focus – 15%)
- Manage service queues and route tickets to IT Infrastructure or Network as appropriate for higher tier support
- Complete site-specific requests that require on premise smart hands
- Manage and order inventory as needed beyond forecasting for R&D team needs
- Bachelor's degree in related field (Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration) or equivalent combination of work and experience
- 3-5 years of IT service administration experience
- Working knowledge of servers, ilo, and ups battery management
- Basic knowledge of server systems, software & hardware deployment tools, and networking protocols
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages and automation tools
- A proven track record of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing service desk and IT operations best practices, including knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Familiar with security protocols and requirements as designated by regulators and auditors, and make security recommendations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- IT Certs: CompTIA A+, Linux+, MS MCSA, MTA, Apple ACSP
- Experience with Jira Service Desk & Integrations
- Experience with R&D Test system environments
- Experience with Intune / JAMF MDM
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $34/hr -$39/hr. The compensation package offered will be determined by location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing