System Test Prototype Technician
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Testing team. As part of this team, you will contribute to the development of flight-critical components and systems for VTOL electric aircraft. The Joby Aviation team is made up of extremely talented, hardworking, proactive, and hands-on individuals, operating in a very fast-paced and rewarding environment. We are looking to expand this team with like-minded individuals looking to make a mark in the transportation industry. This job is onsite at either our Marina, CA or Santa Cruz, CA location.
Work closely with and provide support to members of the System Test Team in assembling, maintaining, and operating test rigs used to perform verification of aircraft systems. This will involve:
- Mechanical and electrical assembly of parts and systems, etc.
- Maintaining test fixture design and handling documentation
- Work closely with engineering to develop ways to test a wide array of systems including electric motors, bearings, electronics, and batteries in support of aircraft development and certification
- Be able to follow electrical schematics and complete wiring tasks including crimping, building harnesses, wiring panels, soldering wire to wire, wire to board, and component to board
- Collaborative attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and analytical ability
- Attention to detail, hands-on attitude, and neat work habits in fabricating and assembling component/system level electro-mechanical equipment with minimal supervision
- Ability to consistently maintain a clean workspace and inventory of tools and equipment
- Experience operating with High Voltage equipment
- H.S Diploma or GED or 5+ years equivalent industry work experience
- Above-average aptitude in machining, welding, and overall craftsmanship
- Experience with tool maintenance schedules and equipment calibration intervals
- Familiarity with NEC best practices and installing DC/3 Phase systems including motors, power supplies, heaters, chillers, etc.
- Experience with basic material selection for requirements of fluid contact, environmental compatibility, strength, etc.
- General facility maintenance experience
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition
- POE and PODL Network experience
- Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is$36-$50/hr. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing