Manufacturing Equipment Technician (Temporary)
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly organized, passionate individual to join our Powertrain and Electronics team. As part of this team, you will assemble mechanical components, wire electrical panels, plumb manufacturing equipment, and troubleshoot build issues with Engineers. Work may include utilizing hand tools and power tools, machine-shop fabrication, electrical wiring and troubleshooting and working with high voltage and hydraulic/pneumatic pressure systems.
- Assemble, install, and perform validation and verification testing of custom manufacturing equipment and sub-systems. This will require working closely with the Equipment Design and Manufacturing Engineering organizations.
- The ability to review and understand engineering and assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics, and build in accordance with those drawings.
- Procurement of application specific and general tools to increase productivity.
- Work in and maintain an efficient and clean workshop area, while remaining flexible to the constraints of a fast-moving workplace.
- Collaborate and work closely with other equipment technicians.
- 2+ years of work experience in relevant industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and strong communication and social skills and a hands-on attitude.
- The ability to work with many different people and manage working relationships.
- Understanding of engineering and assembly drawings, electrical and pneumatic schematics.
- Mechanical design and fabrication of weldments, sheet metal, and machined parts.
- System assembly utilizing mechatronic and pneumatic components.
- Hands on machine shop skills using lathes, mills, welders, and other machine shop equipment.
- Ability to work independently or in a team atmosphere.
- Experience in machine control panel wiring and design.
- 4+ years of work experience in relevant industry
- Experience with CAD systems to extract design intent or modify data.
- Experience working with aircraft flight hardware and/or ground support equipment.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing