Powertrain & Electronics Manufacturing Engineering and Equipment Lead
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
Joby Aviation is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Powertrain & Electronics Manufacturing Lead at our San Carlos, CA powertrain manufacturing facility. This role requires a thoughtful and inspirational leader that will be responsible for the overall powertrain & electronics equipment production for our eVTOL aircraft. This individual must be highly organized and self-driven while possessing a deep understanding of manufacturability and quality control. The selected candidate will possess strong leadership skills as well as the ability to attain results in a fast paced, start up environment.
- Lead the Powertrain & Electronics manufacturing engineering and equipment teams, a cross-functional team of highly skilled technicians and engineering professionals
- Responsible for the development of manufacturing processes and equipment for all powertrain and electronic components, enabling a delivery of a high quality product in a timely fashion
- Establish goals for the team, enabling and matching all production commitments can be met by Production team.
- Manage staffing plans and development plans for team members, ensuring a productive and engaged workforce
- Develop inter-team and intra-team level processes to facilitate efficiency and high performance
- Develop and communicate clear expectations for project deliverables to the manufacturing engineering and equipment teams
- Design and manage the operational budget for the department, working closely with other leaders to ensure costs are maintained within overall Manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or at least 7 years of experience in EV powertrain production
- At least 5 years of experience in a production leadership role
- Extensive powertrain and electronics knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience in electric motor and battery module assembly or complex electro-mechanical and battery module assembly processes, tooling and equipment
- Superior problem solving and teamwork skills while working with cross-functional teams
- Passion for diving into the details and providing constructive feedback to the team and other cross functional teams
- Experience working in a regulated manufacturing environment preferred
- Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $157,500 - $210,000/year. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
- Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing