Enterprise Operations: IT (Information Technology) Systems Administrator
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
The IT Systems Administrator will operate on the premises of a Joby worksite providing Tier 2/3 support for network, server, storage, and R&D computer systems. Operating in conjunction with IT Network, IT Infrastructure, IT Business Systems and IT Security Operations teams as an on-site resource to troubleshoot, implement, and deploy organization needed systems. This role will take on long-term projects related to site development, organization goals, and infrastructure deployments.
- IT Infrastructure (Focus – 60%)
- Responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and smart hands of end user computers, network devices, servers, and storage systems
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing impact of issues
- Provide documentation with IT team for planning and implementation of new or improvements to infrastructure
- Perform scheduled clean up and maintenance for VMware Clusters, Linux LXC/LXD hosts AWS Cloud VPC, and Azure Cloud VPC
- Administration of IT enterprise software hosted on VMware & AWS environments
- Monitoring and administration of Veeam backups and archival units
- Zabbix monitoring administration and template tuning for various infrastructure.
- OS Management (Focus – 20%)
- Install and upgrade server components and software as needed per team
- Responsible for operation and management of Windows & Linux OS deployments and templates
- Administration (Focus – 15%)
- Manage Office 365, SharePoint, and Power Platform tools and services
- Manage local inventory of IT hardware and software licensing
- Administrators of enterprise applications and business systems software
- Zero-Trust & Role based permissions policy enforcement for access granting to employees, contractors, and temporary hires
- Service Desk Ticketing (Focus – 5%)
- Complete tickets related to IT infrastructure or relay to the team for project management
- Complete site-specific requests that require on premise smart hands
- Manage and order inventory as needed for project plans or company related goals
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of IT systems administration experience
- Working knowledge of servers, ilo, and ups battery management
- Basic knowledge of server systems, software & hardware deployment tools, and networking protocols
- Basic knowledge of scripting languages and automation tools
- A proven record of accomplishment of developing and implementing IT strategy and plans
- Strong knowledge of implementing and effectively developing service desk and IT operations best practices, including knowledge of security, storage, data protection, and disaster recovery protocols
- Familiar with security protocols and requirements as designated by regulators and auditors and make security recommendations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Should be able to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Experience with AWS, Azure, & Google Cloud
- Experience with VMware virtualization
- Experience with Linux Ubuntu containerization
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes containerization
- Experience with Enterprise storage solutions
- Experience monitoring and alerting tuning with Zabbix solutions
Compensation at Joby is a combination of base pay and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs). The target base pay for this position is $108,900 - $156,300/annually. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing