Hand Lamination Apprentice
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Hand Lamination Apprentice. In this role, you will learn and perform composite hand layup operations to manufacture high-quality carbon fiber aerospace parts. Joby Aviation provides comprehensive training to develop your skills in ply placement, ply orientation, and material consolidation to achieve desired mechanical properties and part dimensions. This is an entry level position and no previous hand lamination experience required. In addition to lamination training, you will gain hands-on experience in other essential tasks such as vacuum bagging, debulking and curing operations.
- Ability to follow safe work practices.
- Reliable, punctual and have dependable transportation.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in composite layup using prepreg materials.
- Strong attention to detail and precision.
- Manual dexterity and able to use hand tools.
- Good hand-eye coordination.
- Strong commitment to quality standards and procedures.
- Effectively work as part of a team.
- Basic computer skills for documentation and record-keeping purposes
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator.
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner.
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials.
- Able to verbally communicate, read and comprehend written and verbal instructions.
The target base pay for this position is $18/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing