Composite Tool Prep and Demold Apprentice-2nd shift
Located in Northern California, the team at Joby Aviation is driven by our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine a piloted air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly carries you and your fellow passengers over the congested city streets below, enabling you to spend more time with the people and places that matter most. Since 2009, our team has worked steadily to make this dream a reality. We’ve designed and tested many generations of prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented, committed individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the Joby aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration, scaling our manufacturing, and preparing to launch commercial service in 2025.
We are looking for a skilled Composite Tool Prep and Demold Apprentice to join our 2nd shift team. As an Apprentice, you will receive comprehensive training to develop your skills in preparing composite tooling surfaces for layup and demolding processes. Your responsibilities will include ensuring proper release agent application, applying mold releases as required, and carefully removing cured parts from composite tooling. Additionally, you will perform necessary cleaning and inspection tasks to maintain the quality of the composite parts.
- Strong attention to detail and precision in work.
- Ability to follow instructions and interpret technical specifications.
- Basic understanding of composite materials and their handling.
- Manual dexterity and ability to use hand tools effectively.
- Commitment to safety protocols and the ability to work in a safe manner.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Willingness to learn and develop skills in composite tool preparation and demolding processes.
- Basic computer skills for documentation and record-keeping purposes.
- Work schedule for this position is Monday- Friday, 4:30 pm-1:00 am.
- Able to become certified to wear a respirator.
- Reliable, punctual and have dependable transportation.
- Able to lift assemblies weighing up to 50 lbs
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintain work area in a neat, orderly, and organized manner.
- Have no known allergies to epoxies or other composites materials.
The target base pay for this position is $19.80/hour. The compensation package will be determined by job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Joby also offers a comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan with a company match, an employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), short-term and long-term disability coverage, life insurance, and more.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Electric Aerial Ridesharing