Flight Control Systems Project Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring a Project Engineer for our Flight Control Systems. You will be responsible for managing and coordinating engineering projects in support of the JetZero aircraft development and certification.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Systems Project Engineer.
What You'll Do
- Plan and schedule multiple Flight Control Systems projects in support of aircraft development and certification schedule
- Define and manage work scope, budget, and labor hours to accomplish projects.
- Coordinate with a cross functional engineering team to execute projects.
- Coordinate and manage tasks with supplier to accomplish tasks.
- Review engineering data to ensure compliance with aircraft and system requirements.
- Coordinate with FAA/EASA and assure projects comply with applicable regulations.
- Present significant changes to solutions or project scope to engineering management.
- Report progress to management and develop risk mitigation plans as require
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
You are a good Communicator – You are able to clearly communicate and present project needs to people within and outside of the company.
You are good at collaborating with a cross functional team – You are able to work with different departments within the company to coordinate and execute projects.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
10 years of experience in engineering and project management, including experience with Flight Control Systems
Experience with Part 25 aircraft development, certification, and project management.
Experience with Flight Control Systems and Technology
Familiar with SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, DO-178C, DO-254B, and DO-331 standards.
Experience with software tools such as Microsoft Project and Siemens Teamcenter preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.