Electrical System Design Engineer
What is JetZero?
Today’s aircraft contribute around 2.5% of global CO2 emissions, equivalent to the emissions of 200 million cars. This is only going to increase: Air travel is forecasted to double by 2050, while meaningful efficiency gains using current airplanes have hit a wall.
JetZero is developing a blended wing aircraft. It uses 50% less fuel and can accommodate zero-emission hydrogen propulsion. JetZero is the inevitable solution to sustainable air travel.
The JetZero team
We are experienced aerospace professionals and engineers, excited about the future. That future will only be possible if we share our vision and what it means to people’s lives: carbon-free flight that's better for both passengers and carriers.
This is why we’re hiring an Electrical Systems Design Engineer. You will be responsible for Electrical Power Systems design, architecture, requirements, and detailed design.
JetZero is a place for people who are ambitious, talented, and humble. This role is based in Long Beach, CA reporting to the Electrical Systems Lead.
What You'll Do
- Electrical Power System Design--Performing engineering design work for Electrical Power System Design (Primary and Secondary) including generation of Electrical Load Analysis (ELA). Present designs during design reviews to engineering leadership.
- Component Selection-Review Supplier component technical data to ensure compliance with system requirements and provide technical recommendation to engineering leadership.
- Work with Multi Discipline Teams--Communicate and collaborate with other engineering disciplines to ensure compliance with stakeholder requirements.
- Lab Testing-- Support system lab testing
- Deliver Electrical Power System Design and supporting artifacts in support of engineering milestones and program schedule.
You have a Startup Mindset – We are a small team with big ambitions. This means every single one of us has numerous responsibilities. There’s a lot of work to do starting on Day 1, so you’ll want to be someone that enjoys rolling up sleeves.
You love Technology – You believe in the transformative power of innovation. And you are curious about the engineering that makes it possible.
You love Aerospace – You are passionate about accelerating the future of aerospace and crave the opportunity to join a team of like-minded individuals.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
8 years of experience in Electrical Power System design for Part 25 aircraft.
Experience with Part 25 Electrical System Regulations including Electrical Wiring Interconnections Systems (EWIS)
Experience with software tools such as SiemensNX, Mathworks Simulink, and System Composer preferred.
- Competitive salaries
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Life health insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Equity tax advisory services
- Supportive work culture
JetZero does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.