Vehicle Service Lead
BasiGo is an early stage e-mobility start-up looking to revolutionize the public transportation sector in East Africa by providing bus operators with a cost effective electric alternative to diesel buses, along with reliable charging and maintenance services in support of their bus operations. BasiGo Rwanda is looking for an experienced automotive mechanic to lead the team of mechanics and technicians that will ensure provision of high quality service, maintenance, and repair of BasiGo’s electric buses and charging stations. This position requires an experienced and innovative leader who is able to deliver exceptional service experience for our Electric Buses, ensuring the Buses are available with the highest uptime.
You might like this job if:
- You believe electric transportation is the future and want to make it a reality
- You enjoy the operational challenges of introducing new reliable and sustainable power systems
- You’re able to take a risk on something new, thrive in ambiguity, and can adapt to change
- You want to create a cleaner, safer, and technologically advanced future for African cities.
- You want to roll up your sleeve and get the job done
Roles and Responsibilities
- Training, certification and management of E-bus service, charging and maintenance team
- Creating protocols and SOPs to ensure the highest level of service in charging and servicing E-buses
- Managing the planning for and execution of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on Electric buses in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, statutory requirements and BasiGo policy and procedures.
- Coordinating the diagnosis and repair of electric bus systems including transmission, braking, steering, suspension, shafts, differentials, thermal management and motors
- Diagnosis of irregular wear and tear patterns and determining cause, repair/replacement procedures
- Managing Service Parts, Inventory and Tools
- Liaison with E-bus OEM service and warranty teams
- Supporting BasiGo engineering team vis-a-vis bus design
- Generating and providing reports on e-bus charging and service performance
- Maintaining a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring the work area is in compliance with all relevant guidelines and requirements as well as BasiGo standards.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Experience & Qualifications
- BSc or Diploma in Engineering or related field.
- 4+ years of experience managing service and maintenance in the automotive sector
- Technical experience with both digital electronics and high-voltage/high-power electrical systems.
- Demonstrated experience managing warranty, spare parts inventory, and third-party service providers for automotive service.
- Experience solving complex automotive diagnostic and repair problems.
- Direct experience with electric vehicles and electric vehicle charging systems is a plus.
- Able to work flexible hours (day and night shifts)
- Skills & Attitude
- Strong technical communication skills
- Management skills
- Roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Detail-oriented and process driven across all aspects of vehicle engineering, safety, and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and execute technical projects
- Enterprising, self-starter who is adaptable to the changing needs of a start-up business.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new automotive technologies and systems.
- You are hardworking, a great team player, and a lot of fun to work with
BasiGo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic established by law.
Creating the future of clean, electric public transit in Africa!