Head of Worldwide Sales (Remote)
OTTOMETRIC – HEAD OF WORLDWIDE SALES
Remote:Detroit, Germany or Boston
The advances in the automotive industry have been astounding and Ottometric is helping to lead the way with our innovative technology. Ottometric is a venture backed startup at the forefront of automotive ADAS (advance driver assist systems) and AV validation and training. Our software platform is used by automotive system manufacturers to help deliver safer driver assistance systems used in production vehicles.
Our technology streamlines and automates the ADAS development process, saving OEMs (original equipment manufacturer) and Tier 1 suppliers $millions while accelerating time to market. We are excited about the proven success of our product and are looking to hire our first Sales Leader to expand our reach. This will be a player-coach role reporting directly to the CEO. In addition to generating new business and running a full-cycle sale process, we will also be looking to this person to help us build a proactive, scalable, and repeatable sales model.
We’re a global team based in Boston with offices in the US and Europe. We are seeking a US-based employee for this role. If you are a Senior Sales Professional who has been waiting for an opportunity to share your best practices in a startup this may be for you. If you are a seasoned Sales Leader who still loves being an active salesperson and enjoys building and scaling processes and team, this may also be for you. The amount of impact you will have in this role will be evident every day and as our first sales hire, you will have an open road for opportunity.
Experience in the automotive OEM/Tier-1 space will be highly valued for this role. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What you will do in the Head of Worldwide Sales role:
- Develop and execute the sales strategy and growth plans in alignment with company objectives and targets.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities, nurturing leads, and closing deals.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key clients, understanding their problems, proposing solutions and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, product development, and operations, aligning sales efforts to maximize business outcomes.
- Prepare and present sales forecasts and analyses to senior management, providing insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Partner with Marketing on demand creation, product positioning and presentation approach/materials.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the automotive industry, staying updated on emerging technologies, market trends, and customer preferences.
- When the time is right, scale up and maintain a best-in-class sales team through excellent recruiting, training, goal setting and professional development.
Qualifications and skills for success in the Head of Worldwide Sales role:
- Minimum of 8 years sales experience for complex engineering software and/or consulting services to Tier 1 customers, such as Bosch, Magna and Continental) and/or OEMs, such as Ford, GM and Stellantis.
- Strong leadership abilities, with prior experience managing and motivating sales and cross-functional teams.
- Track record of developing and executing plans to achieve annual bookings goals
- Comfortable vacillating between individual contributor and strategic leader.
- Ability to create and follow a consultative sales process, such as Solution Selling and effectively manage the sales funnel in a CRM
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build rapport and influence key stakeholders.
- Relentless networker, who can map out large, complex matrix organizations, identify the key stakeholders and build a strong sales funnel
- Deep understanding of the automotive market, industry dynamics, and customer needs.
- Results-oriented mindset, with a strategic and analytical approach to sales management.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.
Evolving the ADAS release process